Husky in White Boots

It's been months since I decided and created a blog for pets, but only today that I got a chance to write my first post.

As you can read on my Welcome page, I had lost 3 days-old kittens namely Tim, Tom, and Tam in February this year. I think my T3 made me hope to take care kittens again and watch them grow. Last May, Husky, our first kitten after T3 passed away, came into our home.


Husky was named Mandarin at first because of his orange fur, but I found it not sound good, so I tried to find a more suitable name for him that would be close to his characteristics. His low-pitched and slightly hoarse voice is obviously the perfect name for him.

Our family was actually waiting for a Siamese kitten before he arrived, and we could only accommodate only one kitten in our house, Husky's arrival was really unexpected.

Husky then was crying in front of our house on May 15 while I was working. I tried to ignore him since I couldn't take care of more than one kitten. After finishing my work, Husky then didn't stop crying not until I carried him and brought him inside our house. He was quiet and comfortable when I put him down on the floor.

I remembered his first morning, he was on the sofa where I left him sleeping on his first evening waiting for me. When he saw me coming down the stairs that was the only time he went down from the sofa.



It's been almost 4 months now since then, and now he grows bigger and healthier. The only thing that made me worry is his eyes being prone to scratch. Last early June, his left eye was accidentally punctured by Summer, our Siamese princess, while playing with Rice, a half-Siamese, half-local kitten, and when Summer jumped and landed on Husky. Unfortunately Husky's left eye got injured, so I had to bring him to the veterinarian that day. I thought he would lose his eye, but gladly, it is recovering and I can see his iris now, but still a portion of his center eye is covered with translucent white. Thanks to his vet and antibiotics.


I hope he would stay happy with us and will take care of his eyes while playing with the three princesses, Summer, Rice, and Fourth.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment